Re: type cache cleanup improvements

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: type cache cleanup improvements
Date: 2024-03-05 12:31:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> Thank you for interesting in it!
>
> > These changes look very promising. Unfortunately the proposed patches
> > conflict with each other regardless the order of applying:
> >
> > ```
> > error: patch failed: src/backend/utils/cache/typcache.c:356
> > error: src/backend/utils/cache/typcache.c: patch does not apply
> > ```
> Try increase -F option of patch.
>
> Anyway, union of both patches in attachment

Thanks for the quick update.

I tested the patch on an Intel MacBook. A release build was used with
my typical configuration, TWIMC see single-install-meson.sh [1]. The
speedup I got on the provided benchmark is about 150 times. cfbot
seems to be happy with the patch.

I would like to tweak the patch a little bit - change some comments,
add some Asserts, etc. Don't you mind?

[1]: https://github.com/afiskon/pgscripts/

--
Best regards,