Re: Commitfest 2023-09 starts soon

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2023-09 starts soon
Date: 2023-08-31 11:34:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> > There are a number of patches carried over from the PG16 development
> > cycle that have been in "Waiting on author" for several months. I will
> > aggressively prune those after the start of this commitfest if there
> > hasn't been any author activity by then.
>
> The "64-bit TOAST value ID" [1] is one of such "Waiting on author"
> patches I've been reviewing. See the last 2-3 messages in the thread.
> I believe it's safe to mark it as RwF for now.
>
> [1]: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4296/

This was the one that I could name off the top of my head.

1. Flush SLRU counters in checkpointer process
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4120/

Similarly, I suggest marking it as RwF

2. Allow logical replication via inheritance root table
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4225/

This one seems to be in active development. Changing status to "Needs
review" since it definitely could use more code review.

3. ResourceOwner refactoring
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/3982/

The patch is in good shape but requires actions from Heikki. I suggest
keeping it as is for now.

4. Move SLRU data into the regular buffer pool
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/3514/

Rotted one and for a long time. Suggestion: RwF

5. A minor adjustment to get_cheapest_path_for_pathkeys
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/44/4286/

Doesn't seem to be valuable. Suggestion: Rejected.

I will apply corresponding status changes if there will be no objections.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev