Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jose Arthur Benetasso Villanova <jose(dot)arthur(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrey Borodin <amborodin86(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Amcheck verification of GiST and GIN
Date: 2023-01-30 13:38:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Andrey,

> Thanks! I also found out that there was a CI complaint about amcheck.h
> not including some necessary stuff. Here's a version with a fix for
> that.

Thanks for the updated patchset.

One little nitpick I have is that the tests cover only cases when all
the checks pass successfully. The tests don't show that the checks
will fail if the indexes are corrupted. Usually we check this as well,
see bd807be6 and other amcheck replated patches and commits.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev