Re: Some oversights in query_id calculation

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Some oversights in query_id calculation
Date: 2021-04-28 10:19:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Julien,

> I'm attaching a patch that fixes those, with regression tests to reproduce each
> problem.

I believe something could be not quite right with the patch. Here is what I did:

$ git apply ...
# revert the changes in the code but keep the new tests
$ git checkout src/backend/utils/misc/queryjumble.c
$ ./full-build.sh && single-install.sh && make installcheck-world

... where named .sh scripts are something I use to quickly check a patch [1].

I was expecting that several tests will fail but they didn't. Maybe I
missed something?

[1]: https://github.com/afiskon/pgscripts

--
Best regards,