Re: pgsql: Generate syscache info from catalog files

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Generate syscache info from catalog files
Date: 2024-02-05 12:48:41
Lists: pgsql-committers

Hi,

> > I have found that the files are not listed in the clean target in
> > src/include/Makefile. That might explain it, but it's gotta be fixed
> > anyway. I'll go ahead with that.
>
> Looks like that made guaibasaurus happy, but I'm still mystified
> as to what was wrong and why it didn't repro elsewhere.

I noticed that catalog/syscache_ids.h is not installed when using
Meson. This breaks 3rd party extensions like this:

```
In file included from
/Users/eax/projects/c/timescaledb/tsl/test/src/compression_unit_test.c:19:
/Users/eax/pginstall/include/postgresql/server/utils/syscache.h:23:10:
fatal error: 'catalog/syscache_ids.h' file not found
#include "catalog/syscache_ids.h"
```

It seems to me that include/catalog/meson.build should be modified,
however syscache_info.h *is* installed and I don't see why it would be
processed differently from syscache_ids.h.

There is no such problem with Autotools, it looks like 6eb6086faa38
did the trick.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev