Full text search in Chinese

From: Christian Jensen <christian(at)jensenbox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Full text search in Chinese
Date: 2012-11-19 04:43:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Can anyone shed any light on how I might go about implementing full text
search for Chinese?

I have heard I need to go down the NGRAM route but would love to get some
external feedback.

Our application has a per user 'ignore' list that we 'left outer join where
null' sort of deal on so I really rather not go out to Solr or anything
external if possible.

I bet there is something simple as it seems like each character is an
individual search term.

Thoughts? Hints? Am I posting in the right place?

Thanks!

--

*Christian Jensen*
724 Ioco Rd