Re: BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tables belonging to an extension

From: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #14456: pg_dump doesn't restore permissions on tables belonging to an extension
Date: 2017-01-12 18:24:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I'm experiencing issues with this new "feature".
My extension dynamically creates extension-owned tables and puts ACLs on
them.
When the database is dumped, it includes grants/revokes for those tables,
which will not exist when the extension is re-installed.
As a result, when the database is restored, I keep getting warnings because
it's trying to apply ACLs to tables that don't exist.

Is there a way around this issue?

--
Moshe Jacobson
Principal Architect, Nead Werx Inc.