Re: pg_extension_config_dump() with a sequence

From: Moshe Jacobson <moshe(at)neadwerx(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_extension_config_dump() with a sequence
Date: 2013-08-20 23:34:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> It's pretty hard to believe that that would work in pg_dump but not
> pg_dumpall. You sure the error references a database that you fixed the
> sequence definition in? (You'd probably have to drop and recreate the
> extension to fix it in an existing database.) If so, what PG version are
> we talking about exactly, and what's the whole pg_dumpall command line?

Thanks for the response, Tom.

You're right, pg_dump fails as well:

pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: cannot copy from sequence
"sq_pk_audit_data_type"
pg_dump: The command was: COPY auditlog.sq_pk_audit_data_type TO stdout;

I can pg_dump our prod database and pg_restore it onto our dev server with
zero errors, but once I try to pg_dump the dev copy again, that's when I
receive the errors above.

I didn't drop & recreate the extension to fix it on prod -- I just created
a new version of it and updated it.

Any ideas?

--
Moshe Jacobson
Nead Werx, Inc. | Manager of Systems Engineering

"Quality is not an act, it is a habit." -- Aristotle