Re: Making empty Bitmapsets always be NULL

From: Yuya Watari <watari(dot)yuya(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Making empty Bitmapsets always be NULL
Date: 2023-06-22 08:59:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 1:17 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I've adjusted the attached patch to do that.

Thank you for updating the patch. The v4 patch looks good to me.

I ran another experiment. In the experiment, I issued queries of the
Join Order Benchmark [1] and measured its planning times. The
following table shows the result. The v4 patch obtained outstanding
performance improvements in planning time. This result supports the
effectiveness of the patch in real workloads.

Table 1: Planning time and its speedup of Join Order Benchmark
(n: the number of partitions of each table)
(Speedup: higher is better)
--------------------
n | Speedup (v4)
--------------------