Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019

From: davinder singh <davindersingh2692(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG compilation error with Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
Date: 2020-04-24 05:46:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 6:49 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha <
juanjo(dot)santamaria(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 3:00 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>

>> Thanks, I will verify these. BTW, have you done something special to
>> get the error messages which are not in English because on my Windows
>> box I am not getting that in spite of setting it to the appropriate
>> locale. Did you use ICU or something else?
>>

> If you are trying to view the messages using a CMD, I do not think is
> possible unless you have the OS language installed. I read the results from
> the log file.

I have checked the log file also but still, I am not seeing any changes in
error message language. I am checking two log files one is by enabling
Logging_collector in the conf file and the second is generated using
"pg_ctl -l" option.
I am using windows 10.
Is there another way you are generating the log file?
Did you install any of the locales manually you mentioned in the test file?

Also after initdb I am seeing only following standard locales in the
pg_collation catalog.
postgres=# select * from pg_collation;
oid | collname | collnamespace | collowner | collprovider |
collisdeterministic | collencoding | collcollate | collctype | collversion
-------+-----------+---------------+-----------+--------------+---------------------+--------------+-------------+-----------+-------------
100 | default | 11 | 10 | d | t | -1 | | |
950 | C | 11 | 10 | c | t | -1 | C | C |
951 | POSIX | 11 | 10 | c | t | -1 | POSIX |
POSIX |
12327 | ucs_basic | 11 | 10 | c | t | 6 | C |
C |
(4 rows)

Maybe Postgres is not able to get all the installed locales from the system
in my case. Can you confirm if you are getting different results in
pg_collation?

--
Regards,
Davinder