Re: Reports from SSD purgatory

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reports from SSD purgatory
Date: 2011-08-24 18:54:57
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:48 PM, <gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com> wrote:

> [...]

one point about TRIM -- no raid controller that I know of supports
trim, which suggests it might not even be possible to support. How
much does it help really? Probably not as much as you would think
because newer SSD drives have very sophisticated controllers that make
it at least partially obsolete.

merlin

merlin