no mailing list hits in google

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2019-08-28 16:22:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Hackers,
[apologies if this is the incorrect list or is already discussed material]

I've noticed that mailing list discussions in -hackers and other
mailing lists appear to not be indexed by google -- at all. We are
also not being tracked by any mailing list aggregators -- in contrast
to a decade ago where we had nabble and other systems to collect and
organize results (tbh, often better than we do) we are now at an
extreme disadvantage; mailing list activity was formerly and
absolutely fantastic research via google to find solutions to obscure
technical problems in the database. Limited access to this
information will directly lead to increased bug reports, lack of
solution confidence, etc.

My test case here is the query: pgsql-hackers ExecHashJoinNewBatch
I was searching out a link to recent bug report for copy/paste into
corporate email. In the old days this would fire right up but now
returns no hits even though the discussion is available in the
archives (which I had to find by looking up the specific day the
thread was active). Just a heads up.

merlin