Re: Fix uninitialized copy_data var (src/backend/commands/subscriptioncmds.c)

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-06-28 00:17:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:55 PM Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/3af10943ce21450e299b3915b9cad47cd90369e9
> fixes some issues with subscriptioncmds.c, but IMHO still lack this issue.

I have not tested this, and gcc gave no warnings about it, but just by
visual code inspection I do agree with you that this looks like a
problem, even in the latest code.

IIUC for the case ALTER_SUBSCRIPTION_DROP_PUBLICATION it looks like
the uninitialized copy_data local stack var would remain uninitialized
(undefined) still at the time it is passed at
AlterSubscription_refresh(sub, copy_data);

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia.