Re: PGDOCS - Logical replication GUCs - added some xrefs

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGDOCS - Logical replication GUCs - added some xrefs
Date: 2022-11-29 02:39:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 9:23 PM Peter Eisentraut
<peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Your patch moves the description of the subscriber-related configuration
> parameters from config.sgml to logical-replication.sgml. But
> config.sgml is supposed to contain *all* configuration parameters. If
> we're going to start splitting this up and moving things around then
> we'd need a more comprehensive plan than this individual patch. (I'm
> not suggesting that we actually do this.)

OK, thanks for the information.

This v5 patch now only adds some previously missing cross-references
and tidies the Chapter 31.10 "Configuration Settings" section.
Meanwhile, the Subscriber GUC descriptions are left on the
config.sgml, where you said they are supposed to be.

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Logical-replication-GUCs-links-and-tidy.patch application/octet-stream 6.2 KB