Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Single transaction in the tablesync worker?
Date: 2021-02-02 06:51:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 11:26 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have updated the patch to display WARNING for each of the tablesync
> slots during DropSubscription. As discussed, I have moved the drop
> slot related code towards the end in AlterSubscription_refresh. Apart
> from this, I have fixed one more issue in tablesync code where in
> after catching the exception we were not clearing the transaction
> state on the publisher, see changes in LogicalRepSyncTableStart.

I know that in another email [ac0202] Ajin has reported some problem
he found related to this new (LogicalRepSyncTableStart PG_CATCH) code
for some different use-case, but for my test scenario of a "broken
connection during a table copy" the code did appear to be working
properly.

PSA detailed logs which show the test steps and output for this
""broken connection during a table copy" scenario.

----
[ac0202] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFPTHDaZw5o%2BwMbv3aveOzuLyz_rqZebXAj59rDKTJbwXFPYgw%40mail.gmail.com

Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
v24-Testing-broken-connection-20210202.txt text/plain 59.7 KB