Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.

From: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replace l337sp34k in comments.
Date: 2021-07-28 23:08:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 11:32 AM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 09:39:02AM +1000, Peter Smith wrote:
> > IMO the PG code comments are not an appropriate place for leetspeak creativity.
> >
> > PSA a patch to replace a few examples that I recently noticed.
> >
> > "up2date" --> "up-to-date"
>
> Agreed that this is a bit cleaner to read, so done. Just note that
> pgindent has been complaining about the format of some of the updated
> comments.

Thanks for pushing!

BTW, the commit comment [1] attributes most of these to a recent
patch, but I think that is mistaken. AFAIK they are from when the
file was first introduced 8 years ago [2].

------
[1] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/7b7fbe1e8bb4b2a244d1faa618789db411316e55
[2] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/b89e151054a05f0f6d356ca52e3b725dd0505e53#diff-034b6d4eaf36425e75d7a7087d09bd6c734dd9ea8398533559d537d13b6b9197

Kind Regards,