Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch

From: Vladimir Kokovic <vladimir(dot)kokovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch
Date: 2011-11-07 05:20:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

> > * If I paste a table to the same schema I copied it from, and if I click
> > Cancel on the dialog asking me for a suffix, it keeps asking me for a
> > Suffix (wether I click OK or cancel, the behavior)

'Cancel' now means the termination of the current paste operation.

---
> > * If I paste a table to another schema and the copied it from, and that
> > The same table name exists in that schema, it asks me for a suffix. If
> > I delete the suffix by default and click OK, it still tries to paste
> > The table (it should, it's obvious it would fail).

'Cancel' now means the termination of the current paste operation.

---
> > There are unexplained colors (green, blue, and red).
> > Checkboxes are not usable on servers and databases.
> > Unless you explain why, I think you should get rid of it, not fix it.
> Now, only schema and tables are colored.

It is no longer colored.

---
> > I also do not understand this code in pgColumn.cpp:
> > @ @ @ @ -327.7 +328.8 PgColumn wxString:: GetDefinition ()
>
> > if ((sql == wxT("integer") || sql == wxT("bigint") ||
> > sql == wxT("pg_catalog.integer") || sql == wxT("pg_catalog.bigint"))
> > && ((sequence9 && !GetSerialSequence().IsEmpty()) ||
> > (!sequence9 && (GetDefault() == seqDefault1 || GetDefault() == seqDefault2))))
> > {
> > if (sql.Right(6) == wxT("bigint"))
> > sql = wxT("bigserial");
> > else
> > sql = wxT("serial");
> > }

Some of my tables have the following definition:

uniqueid integer DEFAULT nextval(('ps_nalog_uniqueid_seq'::text)::regclass),

For this case seqDefault1 and seqDefault2 not match !

---
> > I still have crashes from time to time while doing a copy.

Please send me a 'gdb backtrace'.

Best regards,
Vladimir Kokovic, DP senior, Belgrade, Serbia

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin3.patch application/octet-stream 107.6 KB
image/png 322 bytes