Re: database not found

From: Richard Harper <drrwharper(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: database not found
Date: 2012-08-13 14:18:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

All of the databases appear to be where they should be. As an experiment,
I tried tcp/ip to the 'posgres' database. That worked. Thanks to Ray, I
worked that out. Per the suggestion I tried:
psql -h 127.0.0.1 -d d3_jchem. It connected after requesting a password
(SSL). I still cannot connect to d3_jchem. Also, an additional role I
created (su) was not found. Could it be a file protection setting. I
notice that I cannot even ls the ..../base directory without being
superuser. That does not seem right. Thanks for your patience and
suggestions.

Dick