Inquiry/Help with pg_adviser (problem in index_create function for creating indexes)

From: Ahmed Ibrahim <ahmed(dot)ibr(dot)hashim(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inquiry/Help with pg_adviser (problem in index_create function for creating indexes)
Date: 2023-06-24 23:50:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi everyone!

I am new to PostgreSQL community and working currently on project
pg_adviser [https://github.com/DrPostgres/pg_adviser/]

The extension last worked with version 8.3, and currently I am working to
make it support version 16 and then the other active versions.

I will give a brief about the extension:
It's used to recommend useful indexes for a set of queries. It does that
by planning the query initially and seeing the initial cost and then
creating *virtual* indexes (based on the query and columns used in it,
..etc) and planning again to see how those indexes changed the cost.

The problem I am facing is in creating those indexes in Postgres 16 (while
calling *index_create*), and you can find here a detail description about
the problem along with the code/PR
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x2PnDEfEo094vgNiBd1-BfJtB5Fovrih/view

I would appreciate any help. Thanks :)