Re: Re: Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl start without --wait

From: Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Beena Emerson <memissemerson(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Clarifying "server starting" messaging in pg_ctl start without --wait
Date: 2017-01-19 01:13:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Aha, I was able to run a "make -i install-world", which ignored the SGML
> errors and built the rest of the world. Now trying "make -i
> installcheck-world".

So I ran "make -i installcheck-world" and it ran to completion. This is on
a freshly "git pull"ed postgres source tree. Certain tests failed, but
most succeeded. There was no "overall" indication of success or failure at
the very end, so I'm not sure what this means.

The only "unusual" thing I'm doing that I'm aware of is I'm setting the
installation directory to "/path/to/git/of/postgres/install_dir" rather
than wherever it installs by default. I've attached my configure options
and the result of the "make -i installcheck-world", in the hopes that
someone can tell me whether this is an acceptable result or if it means
there's something wrong with my install? I'd like to be able to review
patches, and I'm not sure if this result I just got indicates a success or
a failure of "make installcheck-world".

Please let me know if there's any more info I should provide.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgres-config-options application/octet-stream 104 bytes
postgres-make-installcheck-world application/octet-stream 105.1 KB