Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException in org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1720)

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Jan Torben Heuer <mail(at)jtheuer(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException in org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1720)
Date: 2012-02-28 19:28:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> I haven't manged to reproduce this issue on my dev machine. But can someone
> give me a hint what happens here? What is a Portal and what does it mean if
> an IndexOutOfBounds Exception occurs here?

Have you reproduced it on the test machine? A portal is a concept
describing the protocol-level construct to get data from a specific
invocation of a prepared statement. From a quick glance at the code,
what you're seeing here shouldn't happen...

Are you perhaps using the same Connection object from multiple
threads? It is ostensibly supported (
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/thread.html ), but I
wonder if this is what's causing issues. E.g., I haven't worked out
the details, but I think a sequence where two threads send independent
Binds concurrently could cause this.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com