October meeting - two weeks out

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: October meeting - two weeks out
Date: 2011-10-07 01:45:27
Lists: pdxpug

When: 7-9pm Thu October 20, 2011
Where: Iovation **note location change!**
Who: Brent Dombrowski
What: Upgrading PostGIS from 8.something to 9.0

This month we'll be hearing from Brent Dombrowski. Brent says: "I
spent this summer at the Center for Coastal Margin Observation and
Prediction migrating a PostGIS-enabled PostgreSQL database to the
latest stable releases. I'll cover my experience migrating the
database and my amateur attempts to improve its performance after the
migration. Note: This will not cover what PostGIS can do, but will
cover what you need to add PostGIS to PosgreSQL."

Brent is a graduate student at Portland State pursuing an MS in
Computer Science. He's completed the Database track and plans on
graduating next Spring.

--

Note that this month, we'll be having our meeting on the west side, at
Iovation, 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak). It's right on the Green & Yellow

The office is on the 32nd floor. Pizza & bevs will be served around
6:15pm; the regular meeting will start at the usual 7pm time.
Building security will close access to the floor at 7:30, so make sure
you're on time.

After-meeting meeting location will be Bailey's or Tugboat, determined
by a coin toss. See you there!