August meeting in two weeks!

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Postgresql PDX_Users <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: August meeting in two weeks!
Date: 2013-08-01 22:18:09
Lists: pdxpug

When: 7-9pm Thu Aug 15, 2013
Where: Iovation
Who: Mark Wong
What: YAMS Aren't Sweet Potatoes

We'll be moving back to our usual location at Iovation for our August
meeting. Mark's going to tell us about a monitoring tool he's been working
on:

"YAMS (Yet Another Monitoring System) is a project that probably should be
named by someone more creative. See why I developed a collection system to
handle more than 1,000,000 metrics per sample at Emma, and some of the fun
queries that are written to retrieve the data."

Mark gets to work on the database systems at Emma, Inc., where Postgres is
the primary relational database system used to manage over a terabyte of
data.
--

Our meeting will be held at Iovation, on the 32nd floor of the US Bancorp
Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th &amp; Oak). It’s right on the Green &amp; Yellow

Building security will close access to the floor at 7:30.