Re: Do table-level CHECK constraints affect the query optimizer?

From: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Do table-level CHECK constraints affect the query optimizer?
Date: 2021-06-29 16:21:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Other than rows being frozen on test (and not on live), I'm not aware of
anything that would push the planner to choose to do an index scan on an
entire table. Maybe someone else will chime in. Or, if you try running
vacuum freeze on live and can verify if that changes the result.

I'm not sure why sampling rate would matter at all if you are reading the
entire set of data.

What version?