Re: Bad planner performance for tables with empty tuples when using JIT

From: Michael Lewis <mlewis(at)entrata(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bad planner performance for tables with empty tuples when using JIT
Date: 2020-10-27 21:14:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 6:14 AM Jurrie Overgoor <
postgresql-mailinglist(at)jurr(dot)org> wrote:

> - I could turn off JIT in the server config, but I'd like to use the JIT

feature where it's appropriate!

I would do this, until PG14 and you can verify it works in most cases for
you. 9.6 to 13 is already a big jump and you are already benefiting from
many other changes. No need to opt-in to one that you know causes pain
(some of the time). Else, try increasing jit_above_cost significantly.

[2]

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=3d351d916b20534f973eda760cde17d96545d4c4

Given this is a feature (and also touches quite a few files), it would not
be backpatched afaik.