Contribution to PostgreSQL - please give an advice

From: Ian Zagorskikh <ianzag(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Contribution to PostgreSQL - please give an advice
Date: 2021-04-12 15:21:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all!

I would like to contribute my time and efforts to the PostgreSQL project
development. I have some [hope not too bad] experience in software
development primarily for Linux/BSD/Windows platforms with C/C++ though
almost no experience in RDBMS internals. I have read the "Development
Information" section in wiki and checked the official TODO list. It's
really great but it's a bit huge and "all is so tasty" so I don't know
where to start. Can you please advise me how to proceed? Maybe there are
active tasks or bugs or issues that require man power? I would appreciate
any advice or mentorship. Thank you!

--
Best Regards,
Ian Zagorskikh