Re: BUG #6249: Segmentation fault in VirtualXactLock()

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6249: Segmentation fault in VirtualXactLock()
Date: 2011-10-11 07:14:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> When I built Streaming Replication and Hot Standby environment, set
> max_standby_streaming_delay to 1s and ran the following shell script which
> creates the conflict between read-only query and recovery, SEGV occurred on
> the standby.

In my investigation, the cause is that VirtualXactLock() doesn't
handle correctly
the case where BackendIdGetProc() returns NULL when the target backend has
already ended. Attached patch will fix this issue.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_segv_virtualxactlock_v1.patch text/x-patch 460 bytes