Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog
Date: 2011-10-27 07:29:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> I've applied this version with a few more minor changes that Heikki found.

Cool!

When I tried pg_receivexlog and checked the contents of streamed WAL file by
xlogdump, I found that recent WAL records that walsender has already sent don't
exist in that WAL file. I expected that pg_receivexlog writes the streamed WAL
records to the disk as soon as possible, but it doesn't. Is this
intentional? Or bug?
Am I missing something?

Regards,

--