Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KONDO Mitsumasa <kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Haribabu kommi <haribabu(dot)kommi(at)huawei(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Improvement of pg_stat_statement usage about buffer hit ratio
Date: 2013-11-18 18:49:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:36 PM, KONDO Mitsumasa
<kondo(dot)mitsumasa(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
> (2013/11/18 20:16), Haribabu kommi wrote:
>>
>> On 18 October 2013 13:35 KONDO Mitsumasa wrote:
>>>
>>> This patch conflicts pg_stat_statement_min_max_exectime patch which I
>>> submitted, and pg_stat_statement_min_max_exectime patch also adds new
>>> columns which are min_time and max_time. So I'd like to change it in
>>> this opportunity.
>>

>> This patch adds another column "shared_blks_hit_percent" to
>> pg_stat_statements view
>> Which is very beneficial to the user to know how much percentage of blks
>> are hit.

The same idea was proposed before but not committed because
Itagaki thought that pg_stat_statements view should report only raw values.
Please read the following thread. I have the same feeling with him.
Anyway we should listen to more opinions from other people, though.
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20091222172719.8B86.52131E4D@oss.ntt.co.jp

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao