Re: Built-in plugin for logical decoding output

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Alvaro Hernandez <aht(at)ongres(dot)com>
Cc: Jignesh Shah <jkshah(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Gregory Brail <gregbrail(at)google(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Built-in plugin for logical decoding output
Date: 2017-09-26 14:33:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I think that's awesome. Now... back to my original question: what is the
> *list* of output plugins supported by managed PostgreSQL solutions? So far
> it looks like wal2json for 9.5-9.6 on RDS, and nothing else (it may just be
> not complete, but in the best case this list won't be unfortunately
> long...).

I can tell by other plugin authors but wal2json for being one of the
first plugins available, it is pretty popular. I've heard that it is
used in replication and audit solutions. It doesn't support all of the
logical decoding features (for example, origin filter) but it is in my
roadmap.

--
Euler Taveira Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/