Re: PG 10 release notes

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG 10 release notes
Date: 2017-05-23 23:36:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> At least I was a bit more optimistic that we'd get a decent json plugin
> into care soon-ish. While there was some initial work towards that, it
> unfortunately stalled at some point.
>
> That was my initial idea but there wasn't some interest at that time.
wal2json is used in some replication solutions but also for audit and
change capture solution. I recently received some patches/suggestions from
Daniele Varrazzo [1].

> Euler, are you perchance interested in working towards that? ;)

Sure. I can submit it for the next CF.

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2Bmi_8bJ_uPr67j-6mbin537DVvfk%3DbOhmWneyBRfbZu89q0tw%40mail.gmail.com

--