Add tablefunc modules to Postgresql 9.1

From: Kevin Duffy <kevind0718(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Add tablefunc modules to Postgresql 9.1
Date: 2012-02-05 00:48:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello All:

I am attempting to move a database that was/is running on Postgresql under
Windows
to Postgresql under Fedora 16.

On the Windows server the database had the tablefunc module installed.
I did this a long time ago and have no idea or recollection how it was done.

When I restored the database on the Fedora server, I got many errors
containing the following:
ERROR: could not access the file "$libdir/tablefunc": No such file or
directory

Tells me that tablefunc is not available.

So I drop and recreate the database as per these instructions:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/contrib.html
It says to execute CREATE EXTENSION tablefunc in a fresh database.

This gives me an error message as follows:
ERROR:could not open extension control file
"usr/share/pgsql/extension/tablefunc.control":
No such file or directory

Your kind assistance is requested.

Best Regards

KD