Re: Proposal: Adding json logging

From: David Arnold <dar(at)xoe(dot)solutions>
To: Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
Cc: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, John W Higgins <wishdev(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Date: 2018-04-17 12:31:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>To me it's implied by the doc at:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-CSVLOG

Additionally this still depends on the way some middleware might choose to
stream data. Can we really be sure the risk is minimal that any middleware
would have chosen to treat new line as an entity delimitator?

Can we even be sure that NO existing middleware would treat newline as a
entity delimitator?

I'm not that confident about that.

Anticipating the possible argument, that the "others are wrong": This
arguement, though valid, seems sometimes is tought it's limits in very
mondane practicability and efficiency needs.