Re: Proposal: Adding json logging

From: David Arnold <dar(at)xoe(dot)solutions>
To: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Date: 2018-04-15 18:13:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Why? The newlines aren't meaningfully different from other characters
you need to parse? The data isn't actually stored in a newline separated
fashion, that's just one byte with that meaning

I miss the details, but I believe that stdout is usually parsed and
streamed simply line by line. Like in:
"Important: do not attempt to add multiline support in your regular
expressions if you are using Tail
<https://fluentbit.io/documentation/0.13/input/tail.html> input plugin
since each line is handled as a separated entity. Instead use Tail Multiline
<https://fluentbit.io/documentation/0.13/input/tail.html#multiline> support
configuration feature."
https://fluentbit.io/documentation/0.13/parser/regular_expression.html