Application takes longer time to fetch large no of records from Postgresql 9.0.3

From: Deven Thaker <devenmthaker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Application takes longer time to fetch large no of records from Postgresql 9.0.3
Date: 2012-10-16 04:24:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
My application takes longer time (we see time out even) when data to be
fetched from Postgresql 9.0.3 is around 1900000 records. I am doing an
improvement at application level, but from database side any performance
tuning do i need to do?

I have not changed any parameters in postgresql.conf, so using default
values.

Any recommendations to improve the performance.

My PC has RAM of 4 GB (Windows 2003 R2 64 BITS)

Regards