deferred primary key and logical replication

From: Euler Taveira <euler(dot)taveira(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: deferred primary key and logical replication
Date: 2020-05-10 21:10:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

While looking at an old wal2json issue, I stumbled on a scenario that a
table
with a deferred primary key is not updatable in logical replication. AFAICS
it
has been like that since the beginning of logical decoding and seems to be
an
oversight while designing logical decoding. I don't envision a problem with
deferred primary key in an after commit scenario. Am I missing something?

Just in case, I'm attaching a patch to fix it and also add a test to cover
this
scenario.

--
Euler Taveira http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Table-with-deferred-PK-is-not-updatable-in-logical-r.patch text/x-patch 4.5 KB