Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Making C function declaration parameter names consistent with corresponding definition names
Date: 2022-09-22 01:58:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 1:51 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:
> I pushed much of this just now. All that remains to bring the entire
> codebase into compliance is the ecpg patch and the pg_dump patch.
> Those two areas are relatively tricky. But it's now unlikely that I'll
> need to push a commit that makes relatively many CF patches stop
> applying against HEAD -- that part is over.

Attached revision shows where I'm at with this. Would be nice to get
it all out of the way before too long.

Turns out that we'll need a new patch for contrib, which was missed
before now due to an issue with how I build a compilation database
using bear [1]. The new patch for contrib isn't very different to the
other patches, though. The most notable changes are in pgcrypto and
oid2name. Fairly minor stuff, overall.

[1] https://github.com/rizsotto/Bear
--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0004-Harmonize-parameter-names-in-contrib-code.patch application/octet-stream 19.3 KB
v5-0001-Harmonize-parameter-names-in-pg_dump-pg_dumpall.patch application/octet-stream 56.3 KB
v5-0003-Harmonize-more-lexer-function-parameter-names.patch application/octet-stream 4.9 KB
v5-0002-Harmonize-parameter-names-in-ecpg-code.patch application/octet-stream 38.3 KB