Re: TRACE_SORT defined by default

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: TRACE_SORT defined by default
Date: 2019-04-24 21:10:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 2:07 PM Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com> wrote:
> I just noticed that TRACE_SORT is defined by default (since 2005
> apparently). It seems odd since it is the only debugging code enabled by
> default.

I think that we should get rid of the #ifdef stuff, so that it isn't
possible to disable the trace_sort instrumentation my commenting out
the TRACE_SORT entry in pg_config_manual.h. I recall being opposed on
this point by Robert Haas. Possibly because he just didn't want to
deal with it at the time.

--
Peter Geoghegan