Re: abi-compliance-checker

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: abi-compliance-checker
Date: 2023-05-29 17:01:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, May 28, 2023 at 9:34 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> wrote:
> I'll try to come up with a standard abi-compliance-checker Postgres
> workflow once I'm back from pgCon.

Ideally, we'd be able to produce reports that cover an entire stable
release branch at once, including details about how things changed
over time. It turns out that there is a tool from the same family of
tools as abi-compliance-checker, that can do just that:

https://github.com/lvc/abi-tracker

There is an abi-tracker example report, here:

https://abi-laboratory.pro/?view=timeline&l=glib

It's exactly the same presentation as the report I posted recently,
once you drill down. That seems ideal.

--
Peter Geoghegan