Re: Pass heaprel to GlobalVisTestFor() in vacuumRedirectAndPlaceholder()

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pass heaprel to GlobalVisTestFor() in vacuumRedirectAndPlaceholder()
Date: 2023-04-02 17:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 1:25 AM Drouvot, Bertrand
<bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> now that the heap relation is passed down to vacuumRedirectAndPlaceholder()
> thanks to 61b313e47e, we can also pass it down to GlobalVisTestFor() too (to
> allow more pruning).

What about BTPageIsRecyclable() and _bt_pendingfsm_finalize()?

Making nbtree page deletion more efficient when logical decoding is in
use seems well worthwhile. There is an "XXX" comment about this issue,
similar to the SP-GiST one. It looks like you already have everything
you need to make this work from yesterday's commit 61b313e47e.

--
Peter Geoghegan