Re: On How To Shorten the Steep Learning Curve Towards PG Hacking...

From: Kang Yuzhe <tiggreen87(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: On How To Shorten the Steep Learning Curve Towards PG Hacking...
Date: 2017-04-18 06:31:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks Alvaro for taking your time and pointing me to "Developer_FAQ". I
knew this web page and there is good stuff int it.
The most important about "Developer_FAQ" which I believe is that it lists
vital books for PG developers.

Comparing the real challenge I am facing in finding my way in the rabbit
role(the PG source code), "Developer_FAQ" is indeed less useful.

Of course, I am a beginner and I am just beginning and one day I hope with
your support I will figure out to find my space in PG development.

My question is why is that there is a lot of hands-on about PG application
development(eg. connecting to PG using JAVA/JDBC) but almost nothing about
PG hacking hands-on lessons. For example, I wanna add the keyword
"Encrypted" in CREATE TABLE t1(a int, b int encrypted) or CREATE TABLE t1(a
int, b int) encrypted. Alas, its not easy task.

Regards,
Zeray