Re: Error while copying a large file in pg_rewind

From: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error while copying a large file in pg_rewind
Date: 2017-07-04 07:41:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Michael Paquier
> On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> pg_basebackup/ with fe_recvint64() has its own way to do things, as
>>> does the large object things in libpq. I would think that at least on
>>> HEAD things could be gathered with a small set of routines. It is
>>> annoying to have a third copy of the same thing. OK that's not
>>> invasive but src/common/ would be a nice place to put things.
>>>
>>> - if (PQgetlength(res, 0, 1) != sizeof(int32))
>>> + if (PQgetlength(res, 0, 1) != sizeof(long long int))
>>> This had better be int64.
>>
>> Thank you. I'll do the changes and submit the revised patch. I've
>> added an entry in commitfest for the same.
>
> Yeah... I was halfway into writing a patch myself. As it seems that
> you are planning to submit a new version, and because it won't be nice
> to step on your toes, I'll wait for your updated version.

I've not yet started the patch and it may take some time for me to
understand and write
the patch in a correct way. Since, you've almost written the patch,
IMHO, please go ahead
and submit the patch. I'll happily review and test it. :-)

Thanks for the notes.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh