Re: WAL Consistency checking for hash indexes

From: Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WAL Consistency checking for hash indexes
Date: 2017-03-08 09:02:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
> <kuntalghosh(dot)2007(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I've attached a patch which implements WAL consistency checking for
>> hash indexes. This feature is going to be useful for developing and
>> testing of WAL logging for hash index.
>>

> 2.
> + else if ((opaque->hasho_flag & LH_BUCKET_PAGE) ||
> + (opaque->hasho_flag & LH_OVERFLOW_PAGE))
> + {
> + /*
> + * In btree bucket and overflow pages, it is possible to modify the
> + * LP_FLAGS without emitting any WAL record. Hence, mask the line
> + * pointer flags.
> + * See hashgettuple() for details.
> + */
> + mask_lp_flags(page);
> + }
>
> Again, this mechanism is also modified by patch "Microvacuum support
> for hash index", so above changes needs to be adjusted accordingly.
> Comment referring to btree is wrong, you need to refer hash.
I've corrected the text in the comment and re-based the patch on the
latest hash index patch for WAL logging[1]. As discussed in the
thread, Microvacuum patch can be re-based on top of this patch.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1%2BmvCucroWQwX3S7aBR%3D0yBJGF%2BjQz4x4Cx9QVsMFTZUw%40mail.gmail.com
--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-wal_consistency_checking-for-hash-index_v1.patch binary/octet-stream 3.4 KB