MacOSX and pg_service

From: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MacOSX and pg_service
Date: 2012-01-24 23:41:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

I recently switched from ubuntu to a mac and pgadmin does not seem to
be obeying my pg_service params. Specifically I am suffering from
horrible disconnection problems. I had the disconnection problems with
ubuntu as well until I upgraded to 1.14 and started using .pg_service
file.

Does pgadmin look for .pg_service in the same place (~/.pg_service) if
not where. If so why am I constantly losing connection?