Re: Replicate Tables from SAP (DB2/HANA) to PostgreSQL

From: bricklen <bricklen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replicate Tables from SAP (DB2/HANA) to PostgreSQL
Date: 2018-09-20 02:19:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 11:31 PM Thomas Güttler <
guettliml(at)thomas-guettler(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to replicate some tables from SAP to PostgreSQL?
> At the moment there are two underlaying database systems.
> Some run DB2 and some run SAP-HANA.
> In my case it would be nice, if it would be possible to replicate
> only some rows, not all.
>
> The replication should be unidirectional. The data in PostgreSQL
> is only needed for reading, not for inserts/updates.

My team is about to start a proof-of-concept doing the same thing, except
it's a large MSSQL to PG11 replication process. The tool we are evaluating
is from https://www.hvr-software.com/solutions/database-replication/, and
the demos looked pretty good (at least, for our use-case). You didn't
mention if you're looking for free or paid software; HVR is not free so
that may or may not fit your needs.