SQL:2011 Valid-Time Support

From: Paul Howells <paul(dot)steven(dot)howells(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL:2011 Valid-Time Support
Date: 2018-05-08 15:10:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello All,

I am sure this has been discussed somewhere but I have not found anything
specific in the archives.

Has there been or is there any current effort to implement SQL:2011
valid-time support in Postgres? I understand that there has been some
efforts to implement some valid-time support but now that there is a
published standard I think that it would be valuable to try to obtain some
level of compatibility. Is this something the community has decided
against?

Ultimately I am wondering if this is something that would be worth me
spending my time on.

Thanks
Paul