Re: Update does not move row across foreign partitions in v11

From: Derek Hans <derek(dot)hans(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update does not move row across foreign partitions in v11
Date: 2019-02-27 18:53:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
This behavior makes the new data sharding functionality in v11 only
marginally useful as you can't shard across database instances.
Considering data sharding appeared to be one of the key improvements in
v11, I'm confused - am I misunderstanding the expected functionality?

Thanks!

--
*Derek*
+1 (415) 754-0519 | derek(dot)hans(at)gmail(dot)com | Skype: derek.hans