Regarding B-Tree Lookup

From: Mahi Gurram <teckymahi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding B-Tree Lookup
Date: 2017-05-02 09:12:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm building some custom extension on top of postgres 9.6.1. As part of
that, I would like to read Heap Tuple directly from my extension using
Primary Key.

By default, postgres table index(B-Tree) its PrimaryKey(PK). So, i would
like to get TID by doing a lookup into PK's B-Tree index. Using which i
could read HeapTuple directly.

Please suggest me the easiest way to lookup into PK's B-Tree index for
getting TIDs.

Suggesting a postgres extensions which does B-Tree lookup will also helps
me.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Best Regards
- Mahi