Re: SSL SNI

From: Jesse Zhang <sbjesse(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL SNI
Date: 2021-02-15 17:40:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Peter,
I imagine this also (finally) opens up the possibility for the server
to present a different certificate for each hostname based on SNI.
This eliminates the requirement for wildcard certs where the cluster
is running on a host with multiple (typically two to three) hostnames
and the clients check the hostname against SAN in the cert
(sslmode=verify-full). Am I right? Is that feature on anybody's
roadmap?

Cheers,
Jesse