Re: Amazon High I/O instances

From: Sébastien Lorion <sl(at)thestrangefactory(dot)com>
To: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Amazon High I/O instances
Date: 2012-09-16 15:29:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Just saw your email between all the others .. Pinterest, Instagram,
Netflix, Shazam, NASDAQ, Cycle Computing (
http://arstechnica.com/business/2011/09/30000-core-cluster-built-on-amazon-ec2-cloud/)
.. that list could go on and on, see
http://aws.amazon.com/solutions/case-studies/ for some more.

For a small all-in-one web server, any kind of web hosting is fine, and
Amazon would most certainly be the pricier option.

Sébastien